February 10, 2017
Environmental Career Fair – February 22nd
Step up your job search game by attending the 2017 UW Environmental Career Fair!
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Mary Gates Hall Commons, UW Seattle Campus
Hosted by the UW College of the Environment
- A.I.S. Inc.
- Alderleaf Wilderness College
- Associated Recreation Council
- Colville Confederated Tribes
- Fund for the Public Interest
- HDR Engineering
- Integral Consulting
- King County Parks and Recreation
- King County Water and Land Resources Division
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- The Nature Conservancy
- NOAA’s Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary
- North Cascades Institute
- Pacific Marine Research
- Pacific Science Center
- PIRG Campus Action
- Port of Seattle
- Seattle Aquarium
- Seward Park Audubon Center
- Snohomish County
- Solar Washington
- SouthEarth Strategies, Inc.
- Student Conservation Association
- Taylor Shellfish
- Trident Seafoods
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- USDA NRCS
- Washington Conservation Corps
- Waste Management
- West Sound Wildlife Shelter
- Wilderness Awareness School
Be sure to update your resume and prepare to meet employers!
What to Expect
- Explore post-graduation opportunities and learn more about the skills, education, and experience needed to land your dream job
- Connect with potential employers and build your network for future career exploration
- Share your resume with employers
- Get Hired for internships and careers in environmental fields and discover volunteer opportunities or unpaid internships which build practical skills, allow you to network, and provide experience needed to advance your career
Make the Career Fair a Success!
- Do your research – Review the organization’s website before the career fair so your questions are specific
- Dress professionally – First impressions are important
- Introduce yourself – Work on your brief elevator pitch and tell them what skills, education, and experience you have. Be specific about how these skills relate to the organization or position that you are pursuing.
- Leave them with something – Provide them with your resume and contact information
- Follow up – Ask for a business card or contact information and follow up with employers after the fair to thank them for their time and remind them of your interest.