March 12, 2017
Runstad Center Part Time Job Opportunity
The Runstad Center currently has an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic self-starter to work as part of the data group with responsibility for maintaining and further developing one of the most comprehensive housing databases in Washington.
This is a vitally important role within the Runstad Center and provides up-to-date housing market information which is used by state/local government officials, real estate agents, legislators and policy makers throughout Washington. This research is supported by funding by the Real Estate Division of the Department of Licensing with research outputs provided to all real estate licensees in the State.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Entering new developments and maintaining existing projects in the multi-family housing database
- Calling apartment managers throughout the state to update vacancy and unit mix information
- Uploading and reviewing house price information from various MLS agencies, assessor’s offices, and other agencies.
- Liaising with the Director and other WCRER staff members on data issues
- Reporting, analysis and data merges
- Conducting research by talking with multi-family managers throughout the state.
This part-time position and would be ideal for a real estate student (or related degree) with at least 12 months left to complete (i.e. finishing no earlier than March 2018). It is anticipated that the job will average 10 hours per week with flexible hours required as reporting deadlines approach. To be successful in this role you must have:
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to work hard
- Strong administrative skills with excellent attention to detail
- PC literate – particularly using Excel spreadsheets
- An ability to learn rapidly
- Excellent English language skills and a good telephone manner
This is an interesting and diverse role with the opportunity to gain work experience with one of the most high profile real estate research organizations in the State of Washington. Commencement of employment is as soon as possible during March/April 2017.
Please send a brief resume to:
James Young, Director, Washington Center for Real Estate Research, 424 Gould Hall, Box 755340, email: firstname.lastname@example.org