Welcome! Thank you for your interest in the Community, Environment, and Planning (CEP) undergraduate major at the University of Washington. CEP is a unique major, so it is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with the program before you complete the application.
The CEP Application Form for Autumn 2017 enrollment is now open! CEP is a competitive major with rolling admissions. Students who are not admitted in the first round of applicants will be deferred to a waitlist.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
- 90 credits towards completion of your general education requirements and Junior status
- Submission of the following:
- Application questionnaire
- Academic Resume, that may include relevant academic and employment experiences; extracurricular activities; travel experiences; and awards, honors, or professional affiliations. Please tailor to CEP as you would for a job.
- Personal Statement responding to application prompt
- Unofficial transcripts of all college work
- Interview conducted by current CEP students (if you are unable to travel for an in-person interview, a phone interview will take place).
Transfer applicants who are not yet enrolled at the University of Washington must also submit an application to the University of Washington through the University of Washington Office of Admissions. The application deadline for the University of Washington is February 15th. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (206) 543-9686 or visit their website for more information.
Note to Transfer Applicants: Acceptance to the CEP Program does not guarantee admission to the University of Washington.
Community, Environment, and Planning is a welcoming and safe space for undocumented, Muslim, LGBTQ+, and students of color. We will not stand by discrimination or harassment of any kind toward our students.